THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, August 25, 2008

My kids and bee stings!!

My poor kids. These are pictures are of Kaleb and Kaerli. They have had a really bad time this year with hornets. Kaleb especially.

This picture was taken 3 weeks ago. Kaleb had been stung once on his thumb and twice on his forhead. This picture was taken the next day. My poor baby. This was an hour after giving him benedryl, before I had given it to him, he couldn't open his eyes. He has been stung more times this year alone than most people get stung in their entire lifetime. I think the count is 15 year.
People can be so cruel to kids. On the day that this picture was taken, my mom and I went school shopping for Mikaeli and while we were at Wal-mart people would point and stare at Kaleb and say such derogitory remarks as to his puffiness. After about the third or fourth time Kaleb caught on that these people were pointing at him. He started to cry, and asked me why those people were being so mean. I took his face in my hands and told him that those peole were jealous because they couldn't look as cute has him. So the next time someone said something mean he had a huge puffy smile on his face, sat up straighter and said, TO THEM, "Yes I am cute aren't I!" It is so amazing how some children can turn a bad thing into a good experience.
The bad thing is, on Wednesday he got stung again right on the back of his ear. His forhead right between his nose started to swell. He looked like he had had a horn and we cut it off... He is becoming paranoid about hornets and bees though. After he got stung on Wednesday, he screamed and flailed his arms around saying that the hornets were getting him for 45 minutes. Along with the benedryl and tylenol we had to give him something to knock him out. My poor baby!


Kaerli isn't as bad. She got stung 2 times on the forhead and once on the nose last night while at my moms house. She hasn't swelled up quite as bad, but it is only 10 in the morning. We have been right on top with the benedryl, so I am hoping that she doesn't swell up much more than she already has. It is a good thing hornet season is almost over!

0 comments: